Joseph Liberti, Flutist, Composer, Leader of FluteDaddy Band
Joseph Liberti is a musician and nature lover. Joseph’s musical mission is to create beautiful, engaging and inspiring music as a performer and composer. Here’s an overview of Joseph’s musical history as performer composer and leader of the music group FluteDaddy .
2009 FluteDaddy Begins
In 2009, after a career in business, Joseph made a commitment to spend the rest of his life making music. Music had been a hobby before then. Joseph played sax in his high school band and late in life took up the flute “because it felt like singing.” Joseph began by playing charity events and jam sessions and then formed the band FluteDaddy. “I wanted a performance name for me and for the band. The name FluteDaddy was jokingly created at a family dinner and it stuck,” says Joseph.
Shows and Events
FluteDaddy has specialized in creating and performing themed concerts at various arts venues including:
- 2009 – 2010 Jazz N’ The Beatles: A concert program of jazz arrangements of Beatles music.
- 2010 Jazz N’ The Movies: A concert of music from the movies arranged in a variety of jazz styles, performed at Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center.
- 2011-2012 Latin Soul: Flute Daddy performed concerts of specially arranged Latin Jazz music with guest percussionist Dennis Bueno.
- 2012 – 2014: The Jazz Soiree: FluteDaddy performed monthly themed concerts and featured guest jazz artists from Colorado.
- 2015 Ladder To The Moon: Joseph Liberti composed music inspired by the art of Georgia O’Keeffe and the FluteDaddy sextet performed two concerts of the music at the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center. during a major O’Keeffe exhibit.
- 2015-2016 Dialogue: Joseph composed and recorded Dialogue, a collection of 17 classical duets for flute and cello. Joseph and Norah Joy Clydesdale performed Dialogue at Cottonwood Center For The Arts Selections from the Dialogue program was performed as part of a special mass celebrated at Holy Family Church of Pueblo.
- 2016 – 2017 Butterfly Zone: Joseph composed a concert of “chamber jazz” inspired by nature. that was performed at Millibo Art Theatre. Repeat performances are scheduled for Summer 2017 at various locations.
- 2011 – 2016 Special Events: FluteDaddy trio, quartet and sextet performed regularly throughout Colorado for special events. FluteDaddy completed two long term weekly contracts for jazz brunch and Joseph performed two years in the production of the Jazz Nativity Bending Toward The Light. Clients included: The Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center, Cultural Office of the Pikes Peak Region, Cottonwood Center For The Arts, Tri-Lakes Arts Center, Pikes Peak Jazz & Swing Society, Motif Jazz Cafe and The Broadmoor Resort and Salida Steam Plant Theater.
Joseph Liberti – Training and Development
Joseph has and continues to attend classes, workshops and online training to improve his musical knowledge and ability including:
- 2002 Jazz Studies – Improvisation: Joseph attended Jamey Aebersold summer jazz camp.
- 2006 – 2016 Flute Studies – Technical skills: with Colorado flute teachers Julie Mynett and Pikes Peak Flute Choir Director Emeritus Karen March.
- 2008 – 2012 Jazz Studies – Jazz Performance: with International jazz flute artist Ali Ryerson.
- 2013 – 2014 Jazz Combo Leading: Joseph led an adult jazz comb class for Broadmoor Academy of Music.
- 2012 – 2016 Jazz History and Performance: Joseph founded non-profit jazz advocate The Art of Jazz and designed and leads adult education classes, featuring live music, at Bemis School of Art and other locations.
- 2014 – 2015 Jazz Studies – Composing and Arranging: Joseph had private lessons in jazz arranging with internationally recognized pianist/arranger David Hanson.
- 2014 – 2016 Jazz Studies – Denver: Joseph attended classes in improvisation, composing and arranging conducted by music professors from University of Colorado at Boulder and at Denver University, including: jazz pianist/composers Jeff Jenkins, Annie Booth and vibraphonist Greg Tanner Harris.
- 2015 – 2017 Jazz and Classical Online Training: Joseph participated in online workshops on jazz performance facilitated by Chick Corea and weekly online jazz improvisation classes by Saxophone great Bob Reynolds. Joseph is presently enrolled in online courses in classical composing and composing for film.
Joseph Liberti Professional Associations
2009 – 2016 Performance: Joseph has performed concerts and or special event gigs with world class musicians including:
- Pianists/Vibraphonists: Brad Bietry, David Hanson, Ian Ferguson, Ken Janzen, Carlos Matute, Bruce Pennington, Sam Pannunzio, Sean Hanlon Jan Lee Ross and vibraphonist Aaron Turner.
- Guitarists: Vic Centicola, Barbara Ernst, Alan Joseph, Steve Langemo, Rico Southee and Wayne Wilkenson.
- Bassists: Andy Burtschi, Kirwan Brown, Jason Crowe, John Flores, Marc Neihof, Kim Stone, Colin Truesdell, Jon Ward, Ken Walker.
- Drummers: Randy Bowen, Dennis Bueno, Britt Ciampa, Dick Cunico, Stefan Flores, Mike Marlier, Paul Shaw and Kevin Smith.
- Horns: Phil Allen, Brad Eastin, Ed Hureau and Chris Wotecki.
- Vocalists: Julie Bradley, Stephanie Hancock, Eleanor Prior-Hernandez, Lila Mori and Tina Phillips.
- Cellists: Norah Joy Clydesdale and Ann Carpenter Rule.
- February 2017: Joseph continues to write new material for Butterfly Zone, “chamber jazz” music inspired by nature, to be performed at various venues with the FluteDaddy Quintet.
For more information and booking of Joseph Liberti or FluteDaddy bands contact:
info@josephLiberti.Com or call 1-719-422-5299